pistolerobreaks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Breakbeat, dnb, dubstep, psy, dub, tech, jazz, funk, rock etc...

Početna stranicaPočetna stranica  PretraľnikPretraľnik  Latest imagesLatest images  RegistracijaRegistracija  LoginLogin  

Share | 

Santos / Maskio

Prethodna tema Sljedeća tema Go down 
Autor/icaPoruka
zm

zm

Broj postova : 3410
Registration date : 14.10.2007

Santos / Maskio Empty
PostajNaslov: Santos / Maskio   Santos / Maskio Empty28/1/2008, 15:00

Santos / Maskio 2000687187390654640_rs

Santos je talijanski dj i producent rođen u Frosinoneu, mjestu malo južnije od Rima, gdje trenutno živi i radi. Glazbom se počeo baviti sredinom devedesetih, i tada se uglavnom bavi house zvukovljem fasciniran Giorgio Moroderovskim pogledom na zvuk te čikaškim underground brijama. Do dvijetisućite objavio je desetak ploča, i produkcijsku kulminaciju prve faze svog djelovanja doživio je albumom "R U Shakadelic" 2001. godine sa kojeg je stvar "Camels" upala među deset na UK top ljestvici singlova. Ipak, to je jedina stvar koja je to ostvarila, jer Santos ne želi upasti u lagodan život komercijale već počinje prašiti po breakbeatu i svom prepoznatljivom "Shakadelic" izričaju. Na Mantra labelu i Mob recordsu izlaze odlični breaks EP-ovi (70s Sensation, Another Planet EP, No Ticket No Run, Sabot…) te 2003. dvostruki album "Abrasive" kojeg karakterizira masivan "Shakadelic" zvuk. Produkcijski je konstantno aktivan, singlovi stalno izlaze (Shakadelic Drums Vol.1 & 2 npr.), a 2006-e, na poznatom Distinct'ive labelu, izlazi jedan od najboljih albuma godine. "Home Sweet Home" je kvalitetan i zabavan album nakrcan sirenama, funkcionalan kako pri kućnom slušanju tako i u klubu na kojem se mogu čuti odlične stvari poput "Nice People, I've Made Progress, Elektro, Tromba…". Praktički nema loše stvari…Santos ne zaboravlja korijene, i 2003. počinje redovno objavljivati odlične acid-house uratke pod pseudonimom Maskio, i to uglavnom na Mantra Vibes ili Mantra Smiles sublabelu. Zajedno sa Madoxom, čini i projekt Trouble Soup!, koji je osim nekoliko ploča, izdao i dj miks na Distinct'ive Breaks labelu u sklopu najpoznatijeg svjetskog breaks serijala. Riječ je naravno o Y4K kompilacijama, koje još potpisuju više-manje sva važna imena na sceni (Tayo, Soul Of Man, General Midi, Koma & Bones itd). Hiperproduktivan kakav već jest, stalno i remiksira masu izvođača. Fatboy Slim, Soul Of Man, Afrika Bambaataa, Armand Van Helden, Infusion, Tayo, Friendly, JMekka samo su neki od njih…Iz istog razloga, mnoštvo autora remiksira njegove radove. To bi primjerice bili Lee Coombs, Evil Nine, Elite Force, Jds, Drumattic Twins, Rogue Element itd.

http://www.myspace.com/santosmusik
http://www.myspace.com/maskiomusik

Santos / Maskio Image

Born in Frosinone (ciociaria).Santos benefited from the strong creativity of those early disco years. He’s grateful to have grown up in a cosy family environment warmed up by the notes of the Discofever. In 1976 he discovered his first musical inspiration ‘Giorgio Moroder’ producer of ‘Donna Summer’ amongst many other. All his birthday presents had to be records upon records, and so his deep knowledge of contemporary electronic music started. Fascinated by the Chicago House Music, Santos decided to produce a track in his own bedroom and he bought his first electronic keyboard. In the same period he also received his first British production ‘Theme From S-Express’ a track that had the kind of strong vibe he could really relate too. In 1992 he set up a small studio together with a friend where he used to spend lots of hours composing his music. Two years later in 1994 Santos made his first record. In ‘95 Santos was approached by Mantra Vibes a record-label of Expanded music, for the track SANTOS “THE PIANO”. This record created a lot buzz in the music business and it was included in a lot of djs playlists. His career was taking off; 3 years later he was part of another important project called SANTOS & SABINO with the song “LARARARI” (canzone felice), a commercial but unusual record. With his innovating and strong mentality Santos along with Mantra Vibes A&R Marco “PeeDoo” Gallerani created a new sound, promptly named “Shakadelism”. Supported by english Djs as Pete Tong, Steve Lamacq, Annie Nightingale and Judge Jules from BBC Radio 1, Basement Jaxx and Ashley Beadle, the single ‘Camels’ scored the UK top 10, and on june 18th 2001 the first album ‘R U SHAKADELIC?’ was released; the World recognized that THE SHAKADELIC SOUND had DEFINITELY ARRIVED. Santos fame increased widely all around the world. He went to play all over Europe, from Ibiza to London (Big Beat Boutique vs. Bugged Out night) and of course Italy and from these experiences once back in the studio he gave life to a very special series of eps. The ‘Helsinki EP’ was the first one which includes spanish flavored track ‘Ke Dolor’ which also became a single supported immediately by Judge Jules from BBC radio1 and contained the remix by german Jan Driver and the one from Chill’out danish producers Banzai Republic; second was the ‘Bruxelles EP’ and third the well acclaimed ‘Pandemonio EP’ from the monthly night residency at the Maffia Club in Italy which included the astonishing track ‘Sabot’, the ‘Tortuga Tool’ and ‘No Ticket No Run’ included in the Perfecto Breaks compiled by Lee Coombs. At the beginning of 2003 ‘No Ticket No Run’ was remixed by australian master Dj Krafty Kuts and released in february on MOB Records. 2003 has also seen the born of Mantra Breaks, a Mantra Vibes dept. dedicated to breaks where Santos has released his first breakbeat ep called ‘Another Planet ep’ with the tracks ‘I Just Cannot Come Back From The Space’ (nr. 1 in the most important italian underground radio shows), ’70 Sensation’ (released in july on MOB records) and ‘U Make Me Rock’ remixed by Daluq and the single ‘Sabot’ remixed by Drummatic Twins. All this has brought Santos to be one of the most requested remixer of the moment. After the remix of Fatboy Slim (by the way one of the major Santos supporters) ‘Drop The Hate’, Santos reached number 1 in the Dance German Chart with the remix project of Armand Van Helden’s ‘Funk Phenomena’ and he was asked to remix Robbie Rivera’s ‘Funkatron’ which was very well received. Santos scored once again the number 1 position of july Cool Cuts Chart with the remix of Junior Senior ‘Rhythm Bandits’. After the crazy ‘4 Traxx’ ep released in september Santos remixed Boogie Pimps ‘Somebody To Love’ which was also included in the first Mantra Breaks compilation titled ‘Agatha - Rock'n'Roll mixed live by Lai & Petitti’ (in collaboration with Rome Club night Agatha). After the release of ‘Too Fast’ record with a special remix by Meat Katie & Elite Force, the most important thing in 2004 (apart Santos participation at Fuji Rock Festival in Japan – first italian producer to be invited) was for sure the second album titled ‘Abrasive’, released exclusively in june for Japan and out worldwide from in september. . 2005 opened with a tour in Japan and the release of ‘Shakadelic Upgrade’ a selection compiled by Santos only for the japanese market. February brought the exhibition at the Breakspoll Award in London with label mate Madox; together then out in spring with project ‘Trouble Soup!!’. After the single ‘Tzumbae’ with special remix from Superchumbo which rocked the dancefloor all over the world Santos was busy touring UK, China and of course Italy. After the ‘Ultimate Mantra Breaks’ compilation for Australia and the new single ‘Pump It Up!’ with a Dub and Vocal remix from Timo Maas…the so awaited new album ‘Home Sweet Home’ came out in February 2006. Immediately it obtained 5 stars on 5 on Dj Magazine February issue and it got acclaimed by the critics; recently it was included in DJ MAG 365 most glorious moment of 2006 at the 30th position! Santos has been flooded by enthusiastic reviews (Rolling Stone Italy, Raveline, BLOW UP (6 pages interview) to name a few), travelling and touring the globe: Japan, China, all over Europe included several memorable gigs at Fabric... his always growing popularity brought him on top of electronic music elite to be special guest on ANNIE NIGHTINGALE'S SHOW LIVE FROM THE SPINNAKER TOWER on BBC Radio 1, a magic and superb experience he shared with Plump DJs. From the album the track ‘Elektro’ came out with two remixes, one form veteran Robbie Rivera and the other one from young Italian electro wonder Scuola Furano. Long is the list of remixes that Santos made, from Ils 'Angels' - Santos 'Comes With' Dub to J Mekka - 'Come On &..(Santos Mix)' (included by Pete Tong in the hottest dance records radio chart), trough his remix for Nils Noa 'Stereostyle' (Santos Metallized Remix) on Lot 49 still heavily supported by the tech-funk massive, till his masterpiece remix of the year, Santos remixed his INTIMATE track he did along with cosmic guru Manuel Göttsching... the limited 12" on DIstinctive/mantra is right now a collectable item other than the best end of the set tune of 2006. Not enough he mixed his first “Y4K” as Trouble Soup!! (with Madox)...Their remixes for Todd Terry, Tayo & Acid Rockers and Slyde increased Trouble Soup!! popularity so much to be called to mix the prestigious compilation Y4K. 'Trouble Soup!! presents Y4K' is a breakbeat house mashup that makes use of slamming house beats as much as it does of big ass breakbeats. It featured exclusive track and remixes from the likes of Dave Clarke, Chris Lake, Santos and Madox. Last but not least, Santos spin-off project MASKIO started a few years ago left a window open on the acid-house scene and release timeless tech influenced music while he was deeply experimenting new shakadelic forms of breakbeats and modern discoid funk. In 2007 some of his MASKIO output sounds like the freshest and energetic club music around, more than minimal, fatter than techno and ‘Monday’ really could be one of the underground tunes of summer 2007. In the meanwhile look for Santo ‘MAD ACID’ which is included in the MAD IN SICILY sampler 1 vinyl on Mantra Breaks but most of all to Santos brand new tunes on HELL YEAH RECORDINGS ‘Female’ and ‘I Don’t Know' released SOMATIQUE for HELL YEAH RECORDINGS (incluted in Carl Cox-Ministry of Sound compliation,supported by Lauren Garnier,Nick Fanciulli etc..) The 2 MANY DJS release nu compilation "2 Many DJ'S! PT. 8 " with incluted FAT BOY SLIM "DROP THE HATE-(SANTOS REMIX) Skint records" 2008 start with important collaboration:Timo Maas "MUTANT CLAN" the name of the project...material will be released from september 2008..I'M tOTALLY CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! June 2008 Alex Dolby album "PSIKO GARDEN" released on Global Underground,SANTOS & DOLBY produced the tracks and Santos is the sounds eng... Nu project Class71 produced and created by Santos it's now on 4:20 recordings..Diamond Door.Seaphone are the first release and in october the second. SEPTEMBER 2008-Just released Mutant Clan "KENESAI" ON CONNAISSEUR and the SHAKADELIC UPGRADE VOL 2 "COMPILATION ON KSR JAPAN"

[Vrh] Go down

Santos / Maskio

Prethodna tema Sljedeća tema [Vrh]